February 16, 2016

Mumbai (Ghatkopar) SHG #114

Hello Guys,

My name is Harsh Lakhani, a proud stammerer. I would like to share my experience of first day in SHG Ghatkopar meeting.

I was very nervous and at the same time excited to meet new people. we started with some fun activity playing basket ball, trying to get ball down the net. It was very refreshing for all of us.





Later on, we started with following activities.

Introduction Section - Each member introduced them-self. sharing there hobbies, occupation etc.

Iceberg theory/Awareness discussion - we discussed how we require to educate society with regards to stammering and how that can help us. we discussed Iceberg theory in detail.

What and Why activity -  we noted down few things which we want to change with precise purpose/reason attached to it and discussed it among us. (This was inspired from 3 Principles of Change Video by Dr. Sachin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs9Zl0YvZV8)

Video recording  -  we called random people and recorded our expression when we stammer. This will help us to build confidence and understand our speech pattern and try to improve it.



Imagination Activity -  This was very creative idea. we gave each member a picture and told them to explain or imagine how that picture could have occurred. This help us to enhance our imagination and realized when we are deep in to the subject, we tend to stammer less.

I was very pleased with all the activities and made me smile end of each activity. i was always hesitated to speak in front of groups, but this platform allowed me to speak without hesitation or fear. I can see spark in each member and there efforts to cure stammering.

The meeting has made me realize it is ok to stammer and accepting it will make your job easy.

I am very happy to be part of TISA community.

I would request all of you who are suffering from same problem to join us in next meeting.

Thanks and Regards,
Harsh Lakhani

Next Mumbai (Ghatkopar) SHG: 
Date: 21 Feb 2016 
Time: 2 pm - 4 pm
Venue: YMCA, near Municipal School no.3, Pantnagar, Ghatkopar E
Meeting #115

No comments: