December 27, 2010

MEETING WITH A FELLOW PWS IN HYDERABAD


During my official visit to Hyderabad last week, I requested Dr. Sachin about any fellow PWS at Hyderabad. Dr. gave me contact details of Mr. Raja Poladi. After finishing my job on 23.12.2010 evening , I requested Mr. Raja to come over for a meeting. I am very grateful to Raja who despite having a very busy schedule spared his valuable time and drove all the way to Banjara Hills where I was staying. He took me to Barista coffee shop where he offered hot coffee while we shared our concerns relating to communication. Raja is a very intelligent person and has good knowledge on stuttering. I further noticed that he is an excellent communicator besides a good human being. He explained that he is having only a very few situational problem, like initiating a question in a gathering. I request Dr. Sachin to guide in such circumstances. However I suggested Raja to encounter such situations quite often instead of avoiding it. FACE THE FEAR IT GOES, AVOID THE FEAR IT GROWS. We talked in length about our problems, SHG etc. I have come back from Hyderabad alongwith sweet memories of Raja Poladi and having added a good friend in my life.
ALL THANKS AND CREDITS TO DR. SACHIN.
jasbir sandhu,
Cell 99150 06377

4 comments:

Satyendra said...

Raja is a KING! No doubt. I too am hoping to meet him soon..
And such meetings truly help: by telling us that we are not ALONE..

Anonymous said...

I am a person who stutters. I believe all the speech therapy techniques in fluency training and stuttering modification are harmful to all of us who stutter. The speech therapy techniques only serve to increase the FEAR of stuttering and the FEAR of talking.

Only through successfully addressing FEAR of stuttering and FEAR of Talking can we PWS have any success in releasing our natural,normal speech.

SCREW THE TECHNIQUE BULLSHIT.

Good luck in your battles with FEAR...

kishore said...

Dear Jasbir sir,

Mr Poladi is really a very nice kind and intelligent person having a lot of knowledge about stuttering, He is a person of very high stature, I met him personally during the TISA workshop in Dehradun last year. I am sure you must had a very wonderful time with him and served the very purpose of the meeting too.

Regards
Kishore Bisht

Manohar said...

cool. sounds so real good when we land in any damn place in the world and we have a buddy in PWS.