February 24, 2017

Stammer Stories: Jaipur Comm WS: Atul Singh Sainger

Hello all! I developed stammer when I was in 3rd or 4th standard. And by 6th I became fulltime stammerer. Bunking schools in oral tests, persuading friends to attend my roll call, Literally avoiding each&every situation where I have to use my speech. Became quite silent person, cause I know if I’ll speak I’ll stammer, and if’ll stammer rest of the world with their arsenal to fire their advices, cures, “Nuskha’s”, and more over their tease. I was just fed up with everyday advices like be confident, don’t get nervous, pull your tongue, stretch it (like it’s a rubber band huhh).
I grew up with advices like”muh me kalimirch rakha karo” & all that crap. By the time i passed +2 I became quite a stubborn. Since I joined TISA in august 2014, and met with Sachin Sir, my perception towards my stammering changed completely. I no longer feel as stammering is a problem for me. Its more like a part of me. I have many awsm frnds like any other random guy, I enjoy life like any other random guy and the best part is people focus on what I say cause of its content & not how I speak. Stammering also helped me improving my writing skills. Yes It may sound funny but due to my stammer only I focused very much on what to say and which word/language to use, so much so that I can now proudly say that I'm an okay okay type poet/shayar or whatever.... The point is I feel that It is because my stammering only that I am the Atul singh which u all know. If I wouldn't stammer I might have been a completely different person and might be not better than I am today. Stammering not only effects your speech, It effects your thoughts, your body language, your nature and in my case your soul too. I feel like me and my stammering are kind of made for each other. We often compete with each other , every time I have to give any presentation in my Institute.  And I quite enjoy that.
Here is the Youtube  link for my Video bio:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXDgkINzWCo

1 comment:

Satyendra said...

Wow! I can here rumblings of a revolution! Yes, these ideas can totally upturn the prevalent ideas about stammering and diversity in society and in "therapy" circles too..