January 24, 2016

Mumbai (Ghatkopar) SHG #111

Dear Fellow Stammerers,

Good evening! What a day...I arrived back in Mumbai this morning from Pune. Came home, prepped for the SHG and went off to it! I got inspiration for the agenda from the communication workshop agenda, specifically this part:

2-2:30:Introduction in Pairs
2:30-2:45: Intro to Acceptance
2:45-3: Eye contact, Bouncing in Change Game
3-3:30: Outdoor exercise – Nearby. Ask questions using: Good eye contact & bouncing.






This is basically what we did! However, in my planning process I spent some time reading Apna Haat Jaganath, and browsed the TISA Blog for inspiration and watched JP's interview. As you might be able to infer, I was feeling nervous and I wanted inspiration. JP's video really helped..and I recommend it to all who want to see what it looks like to stutter comfortably!

Participants today were Vishal, Rakesh, Pavan, Dhiraj, Shilpa, Narendra, Dhruv.

Shilpa was back visiting the Mumbai SHG after 6 months! And it was Dhiraj's first SHG!

We broke off into pairs, learned about our partners, and then introduced them to the group. We then did a brief intro about stammering and talked about Acceptance. Then we stood up and did the "Change" activity focusing on Eye-Contact. This activity is like networking with each other, talking to a person for a brief period of time, and then we change partners. Next, I introduced b-b-bouncing. We practiced this in a circle and then with partners.

I then poised the question, if we wanted to apply these skills outside? Do we have the courage? Everyone was ready...so we went outside!

We split off into two groups, and asked people random questions, directions, etc. Even the newest member of our SHG, Dhiraj pushed himself and we talked to quite a few people. I think they will post here and share their own experiences. Later we met back at the YMCA and shared our experiences.

Look forward to seeing all of you at the next meeting!

Date: 31 Jan 2016
Time: 2 pm - 4 pm
Venue: YMCA, near Municipal School no.3, Pantnagar, Ghatkopar E
Meeting # 112

----
I'll share my personal experience here tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Rakesh Prasad said...

yes Dhruv, well summarized, and interestingly we communicated in a nearby market which is good for confidence,eye contact n bring the positivity in us.
will do more activities coming week!!!