August 15, 2014

It works...


Yes, its working and i experienced it. I have great fear of saying two words, 'haldwani'- city where i live and 'electronics and communication'- my engineering branch (although it has an abbreviation ECE but i don't want to use it). So it happend when i read a post by ashish sir that is related to speech blocks that even a block of 2.5 sec is not unbearable. So i though i should try it. When i was going back to my home from delhi for rakshyabandhan i got a chance. I visited ISBT anand vihar to enquiry about buses and timing. I was hesitating in going to person in counter, even from 20 mins i was walking just before counter. Finally i made my mind. As i was
determind not to make any efforts to hide stammering and blocks, I went to counter and conversation was.

Me: bhaiya bus ki timing kya h?
Person: kaha ke liye?
Me: bhaiya ......hhaldwani ke liye
person: har aadhe ghante me h.
Me: last bus kitne baje ki h?
Person: raat 11 bje.
Me: thanku.

 Although i could not start directly with 'bhaiya haldwani ki bus ka time kya h', i got great examption as block lasted only for 1.5 sec otherwise generally it converts into a deadlock.
 Now second thing, today moring i got a call from a job portal. And I mentioned my qualifications, mainly my stream i.e ECE. Again same thing happend. It took 1.5 to 2 sec in uttering 'electronics and communication'. I was feeling so relaxed. So i found it very helpful
and i think everyone should try it at least once.
(Received from Atul B)

1 comment:

Satyendra said...

Yes, that is the power of letting go.. in other words, voluntary stammering.. Not so bad, when you actually do it (rather than thinking about it).. Thanks Ashish and Atul!