June 11, 2014

Practicing in Delhi Metro

I've recently shifted to Noida and these days, I'm staying with my friend at Tilak Nagar in delhi and travel daily to Noida office by Delhi Metro.

This mode of rapid transit is an excellent example of highly efficient and profitable and user friendly facility in India is possible if intentions are honest and positive. During peak hours (8 am to 10 am & 5.30 pm to 8 pm), extreme heavy load of passengers can be seen outside metro stations and at ticket counters and stairs.But, you will not see more than a handful of passengers at platforms, thanks to very frequent metro service and to add on, comfortable air conditioned coaches which helps passengers to travel even in highly crowded coaches.

Anyways, lets come to the main subject matter.I am practicing my speech in metro, twice a day, back and forth.Wherever I stand in train coach, I will give a short 2 minute speech about TISA and its offering of help to stammerers.People in Delhi, the capital of world's biggest democracy are pretty mature and almost every time, they behave sensibly to my speech and a few times, people do inquire also.

Now, doing it every day, I am becoming comfortable to it gradually.


My observations about this exercise are :-

1. I do try to speak fluently and it is the real test of my acceptance.I am looking forward to insert few bouncing and prolongations in my speech in coming days.

2. People behave sensibly and in a supportive manner.Hence, stammering is not that bad actually.

3. If some times, I receive negative responses.I used to feel bad and some times, even I tend to go into pre-fighting mode which shows that I have to grasp acceptance to deep that no such negative response can disturb my peace of mind and inner stability. 

4 comments:

Satyendra said...

Thanks a lot for putting these ideas in practice and sharing your experience here..
It is the practice which matters finally..
One day, Delhi SHG should travel in metro as a group, instead of meeting at Connaught place..for a change.

Satyendra said...

Another thing- your writing style also has improved a lot- again due to practice, I think..

Amitsingh Kushwah said...

आशीष जी, बधाई और आपकी कोशिश, साहस को सलाम। अक्सर हम हकलाने वाले साथी सबकुछ जानते हुए भी सार्वजनिक स्थानों पर हकलाहट के बारे में बातचीत करने और अभ्यास करने से कतराते है। हकीकत तो यह है कि हमारी हकलाहट पर अधिकतर लोग ध्यान ही नहीं देते। पिछले 4 महीने के दौरान जब पिताजी के इलाज के दौरान ढेरों ऐसे अनुभवों से गुजरना पड़ा, जब कई वरिष्ठ लोगों से, कई हालातों में बातचीत करना पड़ा। पर सबसे सुखद अनुभव यही रहा कि किसी ने मेरी हकलाहट पर ध्यान ही नहीं दिया, कोई प्रतिक्रिया ही नहीं व्यक्त की, सब एकदम सामान्य रहा। मैं जब भी डाक्टर के पास फालोअप के लिए जबलपुर जाता हूं तो टीसा का बैच लगाकर जाता हूं, पर कोई उस पर ध्यान ही नहीं देता। आखिर कोई ध्यान क्यों दे, किसी को आपसे कोई मतलब नहीं है। सब लोग काम की बात सुनना चाहते हैं।

बहुत आभार इस सुदर अनुभव को साझा करने के लिए।

Manimaran said...

Excellent Ashish! Rally unbelievable things doing by a pws! Many kudos to you Ashish.