March 29, 2014

Journey till NOW: I stammer, but that is less Important to me Now!

It has been 8 months I am associated with TISA. Initial months were OK, trying to understand what TISA is! Since I attended NC in Delhi, I became active. We had Comm WS at Pune in Dec 2013 led by Dr. Sachin. Also I had an opportunity to conduct Comm WS at Pune in Feb 2014. Next I am planning to have Comm WS at Pune in May, so folks around Pune will also attend during holidays. 


The reason I am writing this today, I am finding there is a peculiar change in me since last few months.I am currently not at all worried about stammering. I have accepted stammering with me entirely. I have told to my boss, peers, team, friends, family that I stammer. Also I did not hesitate to openly talk in professional life to a large group, that I stammer. I have given presentation to clients without any fear about Stammering. So if I have to say if there is any solution to overcome stammering is ACCEPTANCE in FULL. 

But another thing which I am noticing currently is Stammering is one part of our life, there are lot more good and bad traits I have seen after I noticed that Stammering is no more an obstacle to me.

6 comments:

ABHISHEK said...

Dear Virendra Sir,
I am also practicing acceptance. And it is helping me. Thanks for sharing this encouraging post:)

Satyendra said...

Yes, this is what TRUE recovery is all about .. and it is all in your own control..
Keep walking and sharing..

प्रभु ! कृपा हि केवलम् said...

thanks Virendra ji for sharing your experience with Tisa.
ACCEPTANCE is the base of good communication skill .
so for severe PWS, it is better to accept openly and must do WORK on communication skill to IMPROVE It. Acceptance is only for improvemnent , not to sit and accept negatively as fate.

Virendra said...

Thank you, all. Thank you TISA. Thank You Sachin Sir. This is just beginning of new fearless journey towards self realization, I feel.

Manimaran said...

Dear Virendra,
You accepted your stammering 100%.
Here afterward, no one will stop you.

Manimaran said...

Dear Virendra,
You accepted your stammering 100%.
Here afterward, no one will stop you.