This is to inform you that TISA Chennai centre was opened in a permanent building on 09.12.2013 in the following location.
19,Bharathi Avenue Ist street,
(off West canal bank road & Opposite to Koturpuram MRTS Rly station)
The Google link for the above location is given below.
|Cutting of cake|
|Chennai SHG members|
|Chennai Metro Rail Friends|
The following facilities are available in the above building.
1. One hall where about 25 persons can be easily accommodated.
2. A writing board was fixed on the wall. How to give lecture to a group of people using the above board will be taught to the stammerers (pws)
3. A computer with internet facility is available. How to give power point presentation will also be taught here.
4. Lot of videos related to stammering available in youtube will be shown to pws.
5. Pws speech will be video graphed and will be shown back to him. It will be very useful for elimination of secondary symptoms.
6. There are 2 nos of bedrooms available. In each of these rooms, a mirror is available. A pws can practice slow reading in front of the mirrors.
7. 22 nos of posters (Courtesy Dr.Sachin) of good quotations related to stammering were laminated and hanged on the walls.
8. A small library is available with some good articles on stammering. In due course of time it will be expanded.
At present the above TISA Chennai centre will be opened 3 hrs (5PM to 8PM) from Monday to Thursday. The self help group meetings will be held on all the Sundays from 5PM to 8PM. Friday & Saturday are holidays.
The next self help group meeting of Chennai chapter will be held on 15.12.2013 at the above location from 5PM to 8PM.
Pl attend and make use of this opportunity.