November 20, 2013

Out with it...UPDATED

Today i tried a new stuff with my speech.....the basis of my trial was that the biggest fear that occupies me is that i will get entrapped into a big block and will not be able to speak at all.

So, why not try it consciously??

Why not, with a stranger, I just go into a long long block intentionally and see what happens..

So, while returning from the office, i tried it with a stranger.....and i observed that even if i was pre-decided to go into a deep block and  not to complete my sentence...still I was in a hurry when i saw that guy leaving the conversation in between as i was not able to get the words out  and then unconsciously i hurried and complete the words for him to listen and he replied the answer.

So, lets see how it goes after 8-10 attempts.

I will do these 8-10 attempts by next 2-3 days and then write back here


Trial Day 1:-

Today during my return from office to room, i tried this 'forever block' trials with 2 passengers.But, they were so relaxed and committed to listen to me that I couldn't went into a forever block.Although, I also observed that somehow, I was reluctant as well to fall into a long block.I would say that if I could have tried staying at the block for some more time, it would have been better.Lets see how It goes in further trials.I have to focus on going into really long stretches of stammering and then only i can think of going into FOREVER BLOCK as my internal inertia towards blocks will melt by doing this only.

5 comments:

Satyendra said...

May be you were in a hurry to get on and finish this "un-enjoyable" task? May be- you decided to do it "voluntarily" but still something deep within you resisted and rebelled against it?
IF SO, then try some more "acceptance", meaning: "I accept that sometime I will go in a block, whether I want it or not. So, let me once go in a block whole heartedly and see how I feel and react. I accept that other person may be in a hurry and leave me midway- but that does not matter, because I am doing it to study my own reactions and feelings- not that of the other person.."
Something to this effect?
Keep sharing..

lalit said...

very nice ashish you are creating self help workshop for ur own .

Satyendra said...

Yes, it is like "one man workshop" where Ashish is organiser, facilitator, participant everything!
Bravo!

Amitsingh Kushwah said...

great...

Virendra said...

Like it. I think this is the only way to kill the fear.