This Sunday, five of us- Rahul, Dnyanesh, Sankalp, Rajan and I met looking forward to yet another fun-filled SHG meeting. Today, the meeting was also attended by Mr. Rajesh Kenkre. Rajesh Kenkre is a renowned architect and an interior designer with his own enterprise in the capital city Panaji. A PWS himself, Rajesh was keen in attending the meeting to share his experiences, his fears and apprehensions and how he tackles the same.
Rajesh shared his story and how he considers stammering as not a problem, but as a gift. He spoke of acceptance and then briefly about his journey from being scared of speaking to heading the local chapter of a networking group of entrepreneurs called BNI, to being the president of Toastmasters Club!
The three important nuggets of wisdom which Rajesh shared with us were-
1. Fall into it.
2. Fail again and again.
3. Have the fire of passion burning within you.
We all were inspired and thanked Mr. Rajesh for coming and invited him again to our meetings.
We then had two group activities-
1. Group Discussion.
· A topic was selected (Corruption in India)
· Every member states the problem and their opinion
· Every member gives one or more solution
· Others comment and group discussion starts
· Group should derive a conclusion
· One member volunteer to give a presentation of what was discussed
Sankalp and Rahul volunteered and presented a report on what was discussed as the part of this activity.
2. On-the-spot situation
· A situation given to all the participants. (A Customer’s Loan rejected by Bank)
· One person plays the customer.
· All participants create their own conversations, characters etc on the spot for the situation.
· No preparation
Dnyanesh played the customer who’s loan application was rejected, and we all played the Bank Staff. (Thanks to Rajesh for his online SHG ideas, from which we got this activity)
In the end, we had a casual discussion, watched some videos, shared some a few PDFs and resources, and amidst the heavy rains, parted off with smiles.