January 15, 2013

MEETING WITH A SELF HELP GROUP – THE INDIAN STAMMERING ASSOCIATION


My name is Mrs. Raji Vijayakumar. I work as a teacher and am currently pursuing my B.Ed in Special education.

As a part of the assignments given to me by the university, I am supposed to write a report on a meeting with any self help group. I had contacted a few of my friends who work with NGOs to help me with locating once such SHG. At the same time, I too was browsing the net to locate some SHG and I chanced upon The Indian Stammering Association. I then contacted Harish, the Goa co-ordinator who gave me Abhinav’s number. Abhinav was kind enough to permit me to attend the  meeting. All the members of the group were very friendly and my husband and I felt very much at home among them.

The meeting itself was an eye opener to both my husband (who I had taken along to click a few photographs) and me. It was nice talking to the members of the group and listening to their experiences. I was impressed with the courage with which they have dealt with the various hurdles in life and also with their patience and perseverance. Their never-give-up attitude and meeting challenges head on are a few lessons I carried with me.

Kudos to the association for the excellent work that they are doing. I wish them all the best for their future.

Written by - Mrs Raji

6 comments:

Satyendra said...

Thank you Mrs Raji and your Husband too. Both of you do drop in again, whenever you have time. Nice write up..

jasbir singh said...

Thanks Mrs.Raji and Mr. Kumar for the encouraging words. Such acts do inspire us a lot in our mission.

Manimaran said...

This is called real nearness.Thanks to the couple.

Manimaran said...

This is called real awareness.sorry for the spelling mistake done in by previous comment.I stammered in the spelling.LOL

vishal gupta said...

wow gud going abhinav..!!!!

Harish Usgaonker said...

Thanks Mrs. Raji and Mr. Kumar for visiting the Bangalore SHG meeting. I am sure you enjoyed and had a fruitful time...