December 6, 2012

My Thoughts (Ravindra Sonsurkar)

Ravindra Sonsurkar from Mumbai was recently in Herbertpur. He has shared his experiences on the blog in his mother tongue Marathi. Here is the translation of his first post. Keep following the blog for more translations of Ravindra's experiences. 

My Thoughts

My name is Ravindra Sonsurkar. I have come to Herbertpur. I get up at 6 am in the morning and go for a walk with Sachin Sir. After that we both go jogging and then sit to meditate. I am here for the last 10 days. I have learnt a lot. The fear that was built in my mind is gone. Stammering is not a crime, or something to be feared of. I am happy the way I am..!

There is a hospital nearby where I go every day and talk to the people there. I ask them what are the kind of thoughts they have in their mind when a person who stammers talks to them. They say that they think it’s not a laughing matter at all. It’s a god’s gift which we should accept and present it with no hesitations in our minds.

Sachin Sir takes computer classes here. He takes me along. In the class there’s only one boy and rest all are girls. Sir asks me to introduce myself to the class. For the first 2-3 days I was very much scared while talking. But now, I don’t get scared, and talk with ease. Sir tells me that once you overcome this fear, you will be able to talk without stammer. From today, I am given the task of going for interviews. So, I am all set to go for it…

2 comments:

vishal gupta said...

really nice...!!! Ravindra... :) :) even i m also doing work in acceptance because if we internally shall know about acceptance then automatically our fear will be vanish

Dinesh said...

Thanks Harish for the translation, I thought I would miss out on wonderful sharings of Ravi.. Thanks
Ravi for sharing.

Dinesh.