November 8, 2012

On Pilgrimage..


Dear Friends, I am just back from a five day solo trek in the Himalayas: Hanumanchatti (near Yamunotry) to Dodital (near Uttarkashi). It was a beautiful experience. In solitude, I met my thoughts, got a glimpse of what life could be, unencumbered by what we call "daily necessities".. and developed a great fondness for my bed, after sleeping on ground for those few nights.. (more pics)
Looked fear in the face, when I heard a wolf howl early in the morning, somewhere near Darwa ridge; appreciated Marian's cooking whenever I made campfire to make my soup and ate "sattu".. Thanked God for every day of my life.. Yes, it was like going on a pilgrimage to the Stillness within.
On return I found that many of you have been doing equally amazing stuff at your SHGs, in your day to day lives and JP has lit a TISA lamp in Hongkong..Congratulations everyone!
Just read this very uptodate article on stammering- Unfortunately, the writer makes no mention of self-help's role in recovery for many of us. For 90% plus Indians self-help is the only option, whether you want it or not..therefore it should be mentioned in such "scholarly" articles, I think. Do read it, anyway.
http://theconversation.edu.au/explainer-what-is-stuttering-9560

3 comments:

Rajesh, Hyderabad said...

@Sachin ji - you might have cherished nice memories in trekking.
Thanks for sharing the link and its very informative and learned new things from the link.

Regards.

Harish Usgaonker said...

Wow.. the pictures are beautiful. To be in the mountains and spend some time with your own self must have been a refreshing experience. Wish we had Himalayas in Goa... Of course we do have some beautiful beaches... but not many of them have that peace and serenity.

Anonymous said...

Top of the world! Envy you!

Yadgar.