September 21, 2011

Are you able to hide your stammering???


You have to give answer to this question from deep of your heart. Surely answer will be NO. A big No… We think we are successfully hiding this problem and people don’t know it. But we are completely wrong. Some time ago I have same thought. I thought I stutter very less and don’t speak too much so that people will not know about my problem. But when I start to work on technique that is called “acceptance”, It proved this myth wrong. When I had started to talk with my friends on it. I always start to ask them “do you know I have some problem in speaking? They instantly reply-“yes, we know you have some problem. It is something like stammering but don’t mind it. It’s not a big deal. Just enjoy your life”. Every time I really shocked and thought how fool I am?? I thought they all don’t know about it so I am missing so many opportunities due to avoidance.
                 Also when we tell about it to people their response doesn’t come as we think. Most of the people appreciate your work and give some suggestions how to deal with it. Also we get a huge relief of our emotions which is always our mind suffers. So there is nothing wrong on talking this issue. Tell people how they can help you and how a person feels when people ignore him or bullying. Conversation can be start according to situation. First we can say that do you know yaar, sometimes I can’t say what I wanted to speak. Words stuck in my throat when it really matters etc etc. But this thing doesn’t make me less than you. I can do everything as you only need a little support from your side. I wanted to talk on this topic more because it is a part of my therapy and increases awareness. Talking on it really helps me. We all are different in this world because god makes us different and unique. Some long, some short, some fat, some thin, some beautiful, some ugly, some speak more, some speak less, some fluent and some stammers like me. There is nothing wrong. After doing this task you will surely proud of yourself and can walk with high head and smile on your face. Starting will be hard but give a try.

11 comments:

Satyendra said...

Aa haa! I can see the bug in your brain crawling all over! Good- Dont stop till you have made something out of this idea of acceptance.. I know one IPWS who said once memorably - I need no techniques, acceptance is the only technique I use..

Satyendra said...

Even when you are able to hide it effectively- still it is not a good choice- because hiding leaves a subconscious fear working at us all the time..

lalit said...

nice umesh.....ur experience will help many reader including me...very true we cant hide our stammering, infact we dont need to...
we know some facts but revision of them make concept more clear...thanks for repeating dont hide concept....:-)

Vinay said...

This is a good Post.... Enjoyed reading it :)

Also someone please tell me how can I post my article in this blog??

Ashish Agarwal said...

Nice write up!

Keep writing & sharing your experiences.

Er. Umesh said...

Thanks everyone for like and your's encouraging comments. you people never let me stop.

Sumeet said...

Sir, I have tried to speak on dis issue too with friends , family but i found they r just ignoring dis topic because they think it would hurt us as we being a PWS. I am trying the path of acceptance but whenever i meet any gal i tried to hide it:)

Er. Umesh said...

@vinay- just send a mail to admin of this blog. either j.p sir or sachin sir and you will be allowed to write here.
@sumeet- Yes,it is right. it is human nature to hide our weakness. just start a journey to path of acceptance soon you will be find it makes your life interesting than before.

Anonymous said...

We can Hide Our Stammering....
If we fill that in that Word
My Stammmering Will Occurred in that time Try To slow Down as much
as Possible ...
it will take some time

But with this u can easily hide ur
stammering .... and it is good
dont tell our weakness to other ...
try to solve it urself ...
than only u will get what u want ...

Er. Umesh said...

@Anonymous- Dear,I have already tried your idea a long time ago. slow down speed is good option but it completely change a way of good talking. And hiding my stammer is good for others not for me. I am what I am, who cares.

Satyendra said...

@Umesh: perfect reply!