Venue: Five Gardens, Wadala
Time: 6 May, 2012 from 3.00 to 6.00 PM
Attendees: Shyam, Amey, Ravindra, Laukik, Gaurav, Gulshan (New member) and Benett
Regrets: Ritesh, Romi, Mustafa
Activities and Discussions:
1. We started off the meeting with Breathing exercises. We focused on the based principles of breathing as taught in Brahmavidya. Next we performed 2 cycles of Pranayam.
Before we proceeded to the next task, we made it clear that all feedback given needs to be taken in a positive way inorder to improve our speech.
2. Gaurav shared the slow reading technique that he uses in daily Skype calls with the group. We all then practised a round of passage reading slowly with this technique.
3. Next we did a round of Tongue Twisters
4. Inorder to lighten the mood, we played Dumb Charades. The objective was to help people take centre stage, make eye contact with the group and communicate non verbally.
5. Next we shared our stammering experience with the help of Bouncing technique. we were finding it very difficult to speak using the bouncing technique as we never used this technique before. Romi and Ritesh should help us on this technique when they return back to the meet next week. Must mention that Benett spoke very fluently by using this technique and everyone gave him a loud round of applause after he ended his speech.
6. Gulshan then gave us an important tip of controlling speech blocks by using a Foreign Accent or speaking like Gays. Neverthless, it was a good tip cos they generally speak using prolongation technique. Ravindra tried this technique and he almost spoke fluently without any blocks.
We then discussed the agenda for next week and satisfactorily parted for home
P.S : Seven Islands = Mumbai