January 2, 2016

Stammering is a PORTAL..

"Unable to resolve the doubts, I ran to my spiritual guide. He, too, said, “Your trouble is not physical.” The implications of that statement hit me like a ton of bricks. I had refused to see or accept the truth for nearly 40 years. My world consisted only of the painful past or negative imaginings about the future. When faced with any human interaction, I instantly recalled the boys of my childhood laughing at my stammer. Every interaction with others carved into my heart the fear and terrible pain of rejection.
Stung by the remark of my spiritual guide, I decided to get out of this hell. I learned to sit erect and still and to be in the presence of God, who is the ocean of compassion. I watched every feeling that arose in my heart and every thought that passed through my mind. I owned them as mine and placed them before God..."
Here is this beautiful story from a Jesuit Priest, who stammered his way to God,,
http://americamagazine.org/issue/freed-speech

No comments: