I wish to inform that TISA whatsApp which was launched on 1st of January, 2014 has now completed 100 days. Tremendous progress has been made during this period and some of them are given below.
1) Total members in English Groups = 170
2) Total members in Hindi Group = 46
3) Total members in Woman’s Group = 09
(Most women are in English Group also)
More than 200 members are in TISA whatsApp groups at present. Most of them were understood that it was not possible to overcome stammering in a short period of time. They have also convinced that a technique has to be practiced one hour daily for a minimum period of one year. They are practicing either speech therapy or slow reading technique. They have given positive feedback about their improvements. Some of the members giving feedback through audio files also.
Now most of them are confident that they will overcome their stammering at the end of this year. All because of whatsApp and thanks to whatsApp.
More than 200 pws are practicing one technique or other comfortably at home without spending even a single Rupee. This is really a great achievement.
Here I provided some of the links of speech therapy and slow reading techniques which are practicing by whatsApp for the benefit of pws who are not afford to buy a smart phone.
1. The following Video explains what pws are doing wrong things (unintentionally) while speaking and why speech therapy is the best technique to overcome stammering.
2. The following are speech therapy videos in 3 parts.
3. The following video explains about slow reading technique.
4. Unlike normal speaking persons, PWS seldom uses their head movements while speaking or listening. The important point to keep it in mind is “when using head movements, it is not possible to strain other parts of our body”. Thus pws while using head movements, become relaxed and can speak fairly well. This is well explained in the following video.
5. PWS are not using their speech mechanisms like jaw, mouth, tongue etc to the full capacity. Because of less usage, the parts are become inactive over the period of time (like less usage of a motor, where some parts will get rusted), which need some exercise (like applying oil and grease to the motor) to get back into the action. This is well explained in the following video.