December 6, 2010

SPEECH EASY INTERNATIONAL

Dear Friends,
Good Afternoon,
Today morning at 08.48 A.M. I received a SMS from Dr. Prashant Malik, Best Hearing Solutions, R-21, Greater Kailash-1, New Delhi-48 advocating instant solution to stammering by trying Speech Easy devise. When I called back, Dr. Malik said he took my no. from TISA. He explained that it is an Altered Auditory Feedback device which is used to reduce stuttering and to help increse fluency. It was further clarified that Speech Easy alters sounds that go through the device so that you hear your voice at a slight time delay and at a different pitch.The purpose of the delay and pitch change is to recreate a natural phenomenom known as the "choral effect". The choral effect occurs when your stutter is dramatically reduced or cven eliminated when you speak or sing in unison with others. This is how it works. Cell no. of Doc. 9999927791 and site www.speecheasyindia.com
TISA members , founders and readers are requested to offer their early comments on the above please and the way Dr. Malik is approaching TISA members for marketing the product.
jasbir sandhu,
chandigarh,
Cell 99150 06377

Sachin speaks: All the people I met, stopped using this machine in 1-2 months. You cant refund and get your money back. Just wastage of money in my opinion.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Jasbir. I also received this sms in the morning and did wonder how they got my number. Using TISA for marketing a stammering cure is unethical and this organisation doesn't support cure claims.

I know speech easy as well as Joe Kalinowski (its founder from East Carolina University, USA) quite well and although it can help in some situation in the long run there are many issues. I think Dr. Sachin has a link for a relapse case which documents this well. Also the role of speech easy becomes complicated when one has silent blocks as sound is a pre-condition for any (alter of delayed) feedback in the first place!

Anonymous said...

Totally useless.
If you want to blow money- go ahead. It is for "rich and dumb"! Go on, splurge!

Anonymous said...

It works in some cases but many evidents are available that say stuttering relapses and moreover, instrument is much costly and for whole life we become enslaved to this instrument for speaking.

Manohar said...

strange, even i got this message yesterday. was furious to see it, since it spreads the ideology which we are staunchly oppose.

Anonymous said...

I have tried it using my laptop; you can even download it for a trial period of 1-2 weeks; it did help me initially by slowing down my speech but the dealyed voice in your ears leaves you with an uncomforatble feeling and I stopped using it.

Manimaran said...

I think every one of us got this sms.to my opinion it will not be of much help. More over, it is un-natural way. We have to try to speak in anatural way with controlled stammering.