October 11, 2010

my therapy experience at AIISH

I never had to shell out a fortune for speech therapy. The only one i went through once during my engineering studies was at All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore. Although my SLPs intent for curing me was quite impressive, they lacked the professional know-how and real life do-how. The reasons being a) they were normal speakers, b) they were practicing doctors, not professional SLPs. Nonetheless, the equipment used was de-facto, the fee was very nominal, and the people were considerate and pleasing to talk to.

I would recommend AIISH for anyone who does not have a whole deal of money, wishing to have an initial experience as to how the professional speech therapy looks like.

2 comments:

Satyendra said...

Thanks Manohar! There is great need for us to share our therapy experiences so that everyone, including therapists can learn and improve..
Keep writing..

Satyendra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.