August 18, 2019

Let's Talk About Stammering

Hello friends
For a long time I have been thinking of doing this, but as it is said that you need some brute force to cross your limits. So, this time when I met Sachin Sir in Dehradun, I expressed my desire on doing this because it gives me limitless opportunities to speak to strangers.

Today I went to Cubbon Park, Bangalore to try this activity. I reached at 10:00 am but today it being a raining Sunday and also a long weekend, so not many Bangalorian were there in the park. So I sat on a bench with perplexed thoughts. I was thinking that if I go and stand on the walk-way then no one would turn-up. But then, I changed my thought and I reconciled myself that - to do this activity today I woke up early than on other Sundays. I traveled 12 Km and walked 3 km and if I don't do this then what is the point in coming here and waking up early. So with a scared heart I stood up with the thought - LET'S GIVE IT A TRY. 

I hold the poster in hand and stood at one tri-junction. Many people passed reading just the Poster. But this gave me confidence that at least people are noticing me. 

Soon after, a group of 4 boys come towards me and I wished them Hiiii...They asked me "What is Stammering" and I being a stalwart TISA member explained them everything I knew about Stammering. 




Then came a group of 5 students. They were all doing PG in Christ university. They told me that they have some classmates who stammer. Actually, with them I wanted to talk on stammering but the conversation took a turn and we talked on everything other than Stammering...๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„. They were very friendly and with them I spoke for more than 30 minutes. 



Then, a old friend of mine who met me in Cubbon Park only through stranger talk activity long back saw me and approached me. He is having Salon Business and he and I are so comfortable talking with each other that we had a conversation which lasted for more than 30 minutes. 


It was just an awesome experience because through it I realized that I can do those thing that had scared me for a long time.

Same activity I did around 2 months back and I'm attaching some pics of that activity too.
 




Ravi Kant Sharma
PWS
9461257111

Also I request that if someone is having access please post it on TISA Website

3 comments:

Naresh parihar said...

Congratulations for your big heart!
I heartedly liked your passion which might not meet in good confident person. As you did for that requires internal positive energy that's not simple to create them. You encouraged me too in banglore national Conference after that I am regular in holding shg wherever I'm shifting, I'm very happy by seen your words.
Hatsoff your passion and patience
Thanks��

Naresh parihar said...

Congratulations for your big heart!
I heartedly liked your passion which might not meet in good confident person. As you did for that requires internal positive energy that's not simple to create them. You encouraged me too in banglore national Conference after that I am regular in holding shg wherever I'm shifting, I'm very happy by seen your words.
Hatsoff your passion and patience
Thanks��

Rahul Sharma said...

Hi Ravi,

It's really inspiring that you are releasing your fears and going into that uncomfortable zone to face your fears and negative emotions. Great work and keep pushing the limits.