January 9, 2015

My Interview Experience by Shiva

Hey hi all, my name is Shiva Teja and I am from Hyderabad. I am a member of SHG-Hyderabad. Very recently I have got a job in NTT Data. I would like to share my interview experience with you people.
The interview procedure consisted of three rounds Group Discussion, Technical round and finally the HR round.
I was very much excited for the interview. And this being my 8th interview attempt I had built my confidence through my previous interviews. Being a stutterer a group discussion was very difficult for me to crack. Earlier I had attempted 3 group discussion rounds in which I failed all the times and because of GD I couldn’t proceed to further rounds. I had this thought going through my mind before the start of the group discussion. Then my turn came and we were a group of 10 people. We were given some time to settle down. I took this time to calm myself. Our topic for the GD was missing aircrafts. I was familiar with this topic because very recently I had watched a programme on it on TV. So I was confident enough to speak on it. Then the discussion began and I was waiting for my chance to talk. Then came my turn I spoke for about 1-2 minutes about the topic. In the middle I had stammered sometimes but very mildly but I kept talking. Thanks to the memories which I have got my attending TISA meetings. I was always asked to think about the good memories which I get by attending TISA meetings every Sunday. These memories really helped me during the GD. I had even used the awareness speaking technique during the GD which really helped me a lot. I was shortlisted for the next round. I was very happy to get selected for the next round.
Now coming to the Technical round the questions that were asked me to were my introduction, some questions on C language. During the interview I stammered few times but still I spoke very confidently. I think this might be the reason which impressed the interviewers. I have been selected for the HR round. I had waited for the HR round for almost for 4 hours. I was the last person waiting outside for the HR round. My name was called I went inside and then began my HR round. I was asked to introduce myself. I was asked about my project and the HR round really went very well. Throughout the interview I spoke very confidently. I was using the awareness technique which really helped me. I completed my HR round and I was asked to wait.
 Our results were announced about 1 hour after my HR and my name was announced I really felt very happy. I was eagerly waiting for this happy moment from quite a long time. I attended 7 interviews in which I failed all the times but never had I lost my confidence. Thanks to TISA meetings for building my confidence. The confidence I have gained was of great use to me. In my earlier interviews I stammered but I didn’t speak confidently but during this interview I spoke very confidently and I had even used the awareness speaking technique. Thanks to TISA once again and I would like to thank our SHG-Hyderabad co-ordinator Rajesh and my other SHG group members for helping me. He was the one who helped me a lot during the TISA meetings. Thanks a lot Bro.
Finally based on my past experiences I would like to tell this to everyone that just speak confidently during the interview. Don’t think about stammering. Just be confident and you will succeed for sure.

Regards,
Shiva Teja,
9885032117

7 comments:

vishal gupta said...

you are awesome man !!! heartiest Congratulation to you and God bless you

Satyendra said...

Thanks Shiv and Rajesh and all others who have helped shg HYD to go on meeting Sunday after Sunday. The result is obvious. Yes, week after week, talking in shg does help a pws to acquire the emotional and communication skills to crack the real interview and GD..this is the slow but certain path to success..I hope other young pws will take notice of this.. there are no shortcuts..

Unknown said...

Hey Shiva
Congrats man for job :)
Iam also going through the same phase.
Yes, iam motivated from ur experience.
Btw i would like to know about.....what is"the awareness speaking technique"..!!
I didn't have heard about it untill now..!!!

Ravi said...

Awesome Shiva and congrats on your success.
From your interview experience I can understand that success at the peak has many failures on its path.

kanpur vikings said...

Hard work pays off...great.....congratulations bro......!!!

Unknown said...

Hey hi all thanks for your wishes. By using awareness speaking technique one can listen to the pronunciation of the words while speaking. It is more or less similar to syllable by syllable speaking technique. For me while speaking i used to speak very fastly or i used to skip some portion of the word so i always remained unclear to others. By using this technique i was able to control the speed at which i usually talk.
Hope this helps...

crazy indian said...

Very good experience shiva...