February 18, 2013

ACTING HELPED BRUCE GET OVER HIS STUTTERING

On 15.02.2013 I was in Mumbai Airport waiting for my flight to Delhi. To pass time I was going through newspapers. In the process I could lay my hands on “ Bombay Times” in which I found the news item:


“ Acting helped Bruce get over his stuttering.”

The Die Hard actor Bruce Willis has revealed how he had a stutter while he was growing up. Bruce says that learning his lines for acting helped him to eventually overcome his stutter. Actor Bruce Willis gives credit to acting for helping him overcome a severe speech impediment he struggled with during his childhood. The 57 year old says he had serious trouble getting his words out during his youth.

Friends, we are first human beings, then we are either students, employees, professionals etc. and after that  stutterers i.e. why we rightly name ourselves PWS. It is wrong if some one says we are stammerers. Because besides stammering we undertake so many other activities. Further we ought to have some passion in life. We should all try to excel in our passion. By doing so in the process we shall overcome our stammering as Bruce Willis has overcome.

Jasbir Sandhu,
99150 06377



7 comments:

Satyendra said...

Yes, role plays can help people..

Rajesh, Hyderabad said...

Jasbir ji - Thanks for sharing ! good one.
Regards !

Amitsingh Kushwah said...

Very Good and inspirational post. Thanks Jasbir sir.

Manimaran said...

From my experience, PWS after attaining good status only are revealing about their stuttering identity. Of course we can follow them as role models.Till attaining such status, they are also having inferiority complex like normal stutters. This is my observation only. Good inspirational post Mr.Jasbir.

jasbir singh said...

But my view Mr. Manimaran, had they continued with the inferiority complex, they would have never attained that status in society.My post was for inspiration only.

Manimaran said...

I am not denying the fact Mr.Jasbir. what I am trying to say is after they worked hard only, they attained their status. After attaining their status only, they are openly revealing about their stammering.This is the nature of stammering.That is why so many of us could not able to come out of our shell. I was in the shell only till I am 50 years. after joining TISA for the past 4 years, I came out of my shell. Now after becoming Chief engineer, I am openly accepting my stammering to everyone without any fear or shame. But when I was an Assistant engineer 30 years back, I have no guts to accept my stammering even though I was stammering more. This is what I am trying to say.

jasbir singh said...

Thanks Mr. Manimaran for clarifying. Having known the catch,it is important to see how early we accept our stammering, for its sooner management. Please keep sharing your rich experiences on stammering.