2. The whole event should be planned well in advance: who will go with whom? where? what time? What exactly will we do? when? and where do we debrief? etc.
3. PWS should come armed with things which might be needed for a particular activity. Say, if two of them are going to interview a shop keeper as to which mobile brands are selling well- they should carry a pen and diary, to take notes and to appear as a genuine research students.
4. The companion / facilitator should constantly accompany the pws and remind him to practice the behaviour and techniques he wants to practice- instead of just chatting away and coming back after a few minutes.
5. We carried a few copies of AJH - It acted as a good "prop" to get the discussion going OR to conclude the discussion and gift a copy to a deserving candidate- someone who could read it and someone who was willing to display it in his shop...
6. Rotate the venue frequently. Ask yourself- what could be more challenging than this? and go for it- BUT with proper planning.
7. Always conclude with some thing light, fun or enjoyable.. Ice-cream or a cup of coffee..
I have received good feedback. In fact, now they are leading me- by phoning me and deciding the venue etc. and insisting that I reach on time!