January 6, 2013

Good news! Higher education free at last!

Friends, if you are not planning a start up, you should STILL join this free course at Udacity. It is not just about enterprise, it is also about initiative and clear thinking. I am doing a statistics course (flipping coins in air with Prof Sebastian Thrun and wondering about conditional probability etc.) and now I have enrolled for this start up course too. I got inspired after I successfully completed my 10 weeks Organizational analysis course with distinction from Coursera and received my certificate from Prof Dan Macfarland. I decided to explore more courses. In my twenties, learning was all about memorising things, getting a degree and a job. Now, I am enjoying learning just for the fun of learning. These courses are free and very convenient. All it requires is a computer and a good internet connection. And willingness to learn. Happy learning!

5 comments:

Manimaran said...

WOW! At this age. Really great and inspiration to others. I will also join some of the courses after my retirement. keep rocking!!!

Harish Usgaonker said...

Thank u so much for sharing this. Dr. Sachin and Mani Sir are leading by example. I will also take up one course and extend my knowledge...

Satyendra said...

Dear Mani and Harish- Thanks. Yes, keeping our "learning muscles" fit is very important..and lot of fun too! Check these courses out..

Pramendra Singh Bundela said...

Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I have taken a course right now. Its GREAT!!

:Pramendra

Rajesh, Hyderabad said...

Sachin ji - Thank you for good links, i will go for certifications.

Regards