November 7, 2012

D&I in Asia



Dear all,

Hope you are doing good and enjoying the onset of winter. I just returned today morning from "Diversity and Inclusion in Asia" event of community business (http://www.communitybusiness.org/D&Iconf/2012/). It was a great event where very senior HR and business leaders from some very reputed firms like google, american express, coca cola, Standard Chartered, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Deutche bank and many more..

I got a chance to share what it is to stammer at workplaces in India (I have video recording of my talk, will ask one of the Delhi SHG members to upload it as my internet speed is quite slow)..I was quite pleased to see many Diversity and Inclusion heads and business managers getting really interested in stammering and many other kinds of diversities like visual impairment, epilepsy, LGBT, gender issues, age differences etc  . I will be following up with them and hopefully we can have awareness sessions on stammering at all these workplaces very soon. I was also impressed by the professionalism with with community business has been able to "sell" these things to the employers in Asia and make them come to a paid event. I have really got to learn the art of speaking in the business language that most of these corporates understand. I was also able to meet someone who has been the brain behind many disability movements in Hong Kong and he seemed very interested in starting a self help movement for pws in Hong Kong. Hopefully we will be able to find a pws in Hong Kong very soon.

I am looking forward to your support in helping TISA reach out to these organizations and may be come with me to some of these sessions so that you can share this workload in future because as I could very easily see from this event, TISA has a role to play not just in India but in many other countries in Asia.

regards,
JP
For TISA

5 comments:

Satyendra said...

Thanks JP for representing TISA at Hongkong! You are right- a lot has to be done. Sky is the limit, once we accept that there is a problem and realise that only WE can help ourselves..Once we start, we find our world exploding outwards..
Thanks for sharing the report promptly..
Go for intern-ship whole heartedly..

lalit said...

awesome jai...this is just another gift u got from ur stammering .......... we would also like to contribute or join these kind of activity ..

Joy deep Majumder said...

Great JP,It feels like our man has landed on the farthest planet...
Thanks for being the connecting point between us and the world...

vishal gupta said...

Really nice JP sir its an achievement for all Tisa Member :) :)

Rajesh, Hyderabad said...

JP Bro - Simply Awesome !
All The Best for the internship.
Regards.