July 7, 2012

Let us speak up..

I have just sent an email. Not sure if it will be read. But let us take our chances and send out many more such emails to the institution and anyone connected with it. Use google.
TO: stxavierspreprimarypune@gmail.com

Dear Madam/ Sir
I was shocked to read a news item, according to which, you recently refused admission to a child because he stammers. His name is Shaun Santamaria. I too have stammered but completed my education with good marks and currently work as a social worker- thanks to my colleagues & society, which accepts and respects diversity.

Education is all about bringing out the inner perfection in every child and helping her/him accept the diversity around them. What message Shaun will receive from such an act? In any case, it is not infectious.

I will request you to reconsider your decision and tender apologies to the child and live up to your noble traditions.

Thanking you

Dr Satyendra Srivastava
Founder, The Indian Stammering Association

7 comments:

Rajesh, Hyderabad said...

Sachin ji-- Wow Excellent. I will also send mail to them.

Regards.

jasbir singh said...

Thanks Dr. Sachin for e-mail id of school which I was looking for. I have also sent a mail requesting to reconsider their decision.

J P Sunda said...

A very good way to raise our concerns. I too have sent an email.

Kharvi Prakash said...

Thanks Dr. Sachin for showing the way.. I too dropped an email.

Kharvi Prakash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jitender Gupta said...

Maine bhi ek mail school ko bhej diya.

Mohit Jaiswal said...

Thank you Dr. Sachin for your noble ways to show our concern , i have also dropped a mail...