February 12, 2012

PUNE SHG RISING AGAIN


PUNE SHG on 12-2-2012

Pune shg is not taking place from a very long time. But today it takes place. Meeting started around 11am.
Three pws were present at the meeting

1. Amol karale(myself a student)
2. Vivek singh(a student)
3. Ravishankar Gautam(a student)

Vivek and I have attended some shg’s earlier.There was no any senior member present today.So I and vivek have to think how to start.We started with meditation.Vivek gave an instructions for meditation.

After that I told Ravi that what stammering is? What is TISA? When did Pune shg started? Then I started telling him the techniques like bouncing, prolongation and slow reading and also showed him how to perform bouncing, prolongation and slow reading.

After that we gave presentation. I gave presentation on topic psycho-cybernetics starting with self introduction. I told them the exercise of self image.We has an inadequate self image. We think that whenever we will speak we will block. This is our self image. We first have to change the self image.
Vivek gave a presentation on a documentary which he has seen some days ago which was about untouchability in india.He told us the how untouchability was practiced in India.

Ravi gave presentation about India. He told us about number of states, give information on presidents and prime ministers of India.Then I and vivek told ravi about the Tisa self help manual and the books like redefine stuttering.I also told about the Acceptance.I told both of them how to increase Acceptance level.
We share our embarrassing incidents of stammering.We also share experiences of therapy like what kind of therapy you have taken? From where you have taken? .Then vivek told lets practice Group Discussion.Vivek gave first topic as “What should be done to solve the pending cases in indian courts” and later we discussed about “Increasing Divorcing rates in india”.

As we all are students from next week we are planning to have mock interviews and GD’s in the shg’s. Presentation will also be there.
Meeting was over around 1pm.

From now onwards pune shg will be conducted every Sunday.Any body interested in joining shg kindly contacts me at 9763951322 or mail at amolkarale9763@gmail.com.


6 comments:

J P Sunda said...

Amol, I really like the way you stay committed to your words and posted the report as you promised! Reading your SHG report made me nostalgic as to how I too went ahead and started coordinating the meetings without the "seniors". The only difference is you guys are doing it much better!!

Satyendra said...

Great work, Amol! Keep meeting, even if just one person comes. Helping even one pws is GREAT. In the process, you too will be cultivating social skills as well as communication skills.. So keep at it and be ready for a long haul, a marathon..

Mohit kumar said...

Good work Amol.All the best for next week.

Er. Umesh said...

Keep going Amol...You are doing fantastic job, keep the spirit up!!

Unknown said...

WoW! gr8 Report Amol!! I'll definitely try to make it this sunday. As i told you that i stay quite far so coming to DP all the way regularly would be kind of a pain. But from the look of it, you're rocking man. Ah! and one more thing, who suggested you the book psycho-cybernetics ? I'm asking this question becoz this book was suggested to me by a very well known figure in our stuttering community. There are 2 versions of this book. The original 1960 version written by the plastic surgeon maxwell (i guess that's the name of the author) is a masterpiece. Not sure about the new one.

Mayank Desai said...

Are we still meeting in SHG?
Please let me know I would be interested in joining in.