On 9th January 2012, JP and I had a meeting over Skype to discuss the areas that needs to be worked in TISA. Here are the minutes of the meeting :
Agenda of the meeting was to identify and discuss the future plan of action for TISA.
Following points were identified as the areas that need attention for the coming year:
1. Formalize the registration process. There should be a contact person in all the four zones. The registration fees should be transferred to the account of the contact person. During registration the candidate should mention the name of the person to whom he has transferred the amount. On filling the registration form an auto-mail will be sent and the contact person should verify the registration.
2. The registered members to have the following options :
a. Option to get a printed copy of Samvad / or both printed and electronic copy.
b. New registrations will get a printed copy of the Self Help Manual.
c. Registered members to have extra 7 days of grace period for registering at any TISA workshop / conference.
3. The amount of new registrations and renewal to be decided after getting the quotations for the Prints of Samvad and Self Help Manual. JP and Harish to get the quotations in their respective areas.
4. Samvad to be issued / printed once in 4 months instead of quarterly. This will help us focus on quality material to be published on the same.
5. Upgrading the website. Following tentative features to be implemented :
a. Comments / Facebook like for each article posted.
b. Chat room
c. Discussion board
d. Reminders of Renewal of Registrations
e. Any other features identified as necessary during the upgrade.
6. Fund raising: Find out innovative ways / collaborating with other firms for fund raising of TISA.
7. Decide on workshop Levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
8. Team Building: Identify volunteers who are willing to spread the word of awareness for TISA through networking and internet presence.
9. Hire an SLP. The SLP to work for TISA, travel to self help groups and offer professional help to the members. TISA to also groom the SLP which will cater to quality speech therapy even when the SLP is not with TISA.
Suggestions / feedback are most welcome.