August 2, 2015

IS ACCEPTANCE A ROCKET SCIENCE...!!!????

Last Friday I had an interview and the reason why I'm sharing my experience is because things have changed...changed a lot. I don't know the psychological reason but what I can make out is ACCEPTANCE has made things quite easier.

I reached the venue on time, had a chat with other fellow candidates. This time I was quite calm and cool from inside. After 1 hour or so my interview started. There were 3 members in my panel - 2 ladies and 1 gentleman. One of the lady was the chairperson of the panel. Before interview I made it clear in my mind that I would answer honestly even if the questions are related with my speech (more precisely Stammering). I also mentioned in my Bio-Data form that I'm member of The Indian Stammering Association (TISA) and Self-Help Group (SHG).

So I entered the room with a smile on my face. Interview started and I answered the questions without any false make up. Infact that turn out to be a big advantage for me. Although I was expecting some questions on my Stammering but to my surprise they didn't ask me any question (have I became so fluent....hahahaha). I was maintaining proper eye-contact with each panelist, actively listening to their questions, answered using bouncing and prolongation wherever I felt, and involved some humor also. What actually happened during the interview was that I was FOCUSING on COMMUNICATION SKILL rather than fluency and this is what we practice in SHG meeting. There were some question to which I replied "Sorry I don't know" also.

After interviewing me for around 14-15 minutes, the Chairperson complimented me that IT WAS NICE TAKING YOUR INTERVIEW AND YOUR INTERVIEW WENT VERY WELL. I was like-Is she complimenting me!!!! or somebody else.....??? I was not expecting that someday I could hear such a compliment. I smiled a little and thank them all and came out.

So the crux that came out is
1. ACCEPTANCE IS HARD BUT IT IS NOT A ROCKET SCIENCE...!!
2. ONE SHOULD ALWAYS FOCUS ON COMM. SKILLS & FLUENCY IS SECONDARYYY...
3. DON'T CARRY EXTRA BURDEN OF STAMMERING & FEEL FREE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS RELATED TO STAMMERING

Ravi Kant Sharma (PWS)
Jaipur
+91-9461257111

3 comments:

Satyendra said...

Beautiful.
Yes, accepting ourselves is not rocket science..
Denial makes it so...

Mansi said...

WELL SAID!! Hats off

sharath said...

True ..