May 31, 2015

Lucky to have a friend in my life- By SOMA ROY, Bangalore SHG

Today I will share with all of you about one of my friend who always stand beside me, always give me confidence to go ahead in life.
                       He is Titas Pramanik, my batchmate in college. We met in 1st year of B.Sc and from the beginning  we became very good friend. Our thoughts, mentality matched in almost all the time. We love to spent time together for hours. One day he asked me, “ You have some speech problem?” , then I replied him without any hesitation that “Yes I have some issues. But this don’t affect my studies or any other work.” He replied, ”No problem, I just asked you and I believe that it will not affect our friendship also”. I explained him what actually stammering is. After  analyzing my every problem I go back to him and he listen very carefully and help me to overcome the situation. One day I asked him, “Do you feel  annoyed to hear the same thing everyday? You are not a stammerer. So, you can feel disturbed also,”… “I am very much happy to have a friend like you and I would rather feel lucky to help you also throughout the life.”,was his reply. Whenever we go outside, he tell me to book the ticket, to order food, to interact with people to gain confidence. Never he made any fun of my speech problem, rather he believed on my strength. He wrote one speech for me and I gave it in our reunion program on 2014. Everyone was surprised of my fluency, but they didn’t know I gave the speech in front of my friend for more than 100 times and he never feel disturbed.

                        Yes, it has been 6 years of our friendship. I strongly believe that we all have true friends in our lives. If we have such kind of friends to tell us “Just try for one more time…”, then nothing can stop us to succeed in our lives.


6 comments:

abhishek said...

Indeed you are lucky to have such a special friend. :) So is he :)

sachin said...

Yes- you have a friend and a therapist, rolled in one! Congrats to both of you!
Very nice sharing! Thanks!

Dinesh said...

Thanks Soma for sharing such beautiful aspect about your life.. Yes you are lucky and brave too.. :-)

Soma Roy said...

Welcome:-)

Mansi said...

Soma I cried after reading this story.. i was so happy for u.. and when i had to post it on this blog..i was so happy to post it...

Ravi Kant Sharma said...

definitely Soma...real friends are those who always increase our confidence in any sphere of life...
Thank you for sharing...